Any technology-based SME struggle with the complex question of how to manage and extract the most value from their technologies. A key to clarifying and manage these uncertainties, and to effectively leverage the technology, is to understand the control and value of the different intellectual assets of the firm. Through an initial intellectual asset analysis, and specific strategy consulting packages, we offer solutions in the following core areas for successful exploitation of new innovations:
- One of the key challenges for SMEs is to design the most appropriate business model for their business. The company’s technology does not only provide opportunities in several distinct application areas but can also be packaged in many different ways- through services, concepts, products, licenses and more. We help companies design their business model based on the value and control of their intellectual assets
- The technology of an SME often has it’s origin in a university setting or otherwise contractually messy situation. We help companies clarify and govern ownership and rights of key intellectual assets
- The patent portfolio in an SME has usually been created before the specific details of the business model were determined. We evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the current IPR position and suggest actions for developing and aligning the IP portfolio with business objectives
- As collaborative initiatives are increasingly important for exploiting new technology, the governance of background and foreground claims becomes crucial activities. We analyze and package the asset portfolio as background technology as well as design and negotiate technology based partnerships
- The fact that some of the firms most valuable assets are intellectual can complicate the due diligence process for investors. We help companies package their technology portfolio and communicate the value towards investors.